Life in the Dallas Food Industry
With the little amount of time I have available outside of working and sleeping, it’s sometimes hard to fit in healthy meals that aren’t overly time-consuming. For me, home delivery meal kits save time and extra food waste.
1. Freshly meals are ideal for lone-diners.
All of the meals from Freshly come in single portions and that feed the average adult. The average meal weighs around 13oz, which is about 10% more food than their similar competitors are offering. Most of the meals can be heated in the microwave within 3 minutes, allowing me more time to unwind from my busy day.
2. Reaching my fitness goals is easier.
- over 20 meal options with under 500 calories
- meals with fewer than 35 grams of carbs
- at least eight dairy-free meals consistently available
- an entire menu that is peanut and gluten-free
3. I take fewer trips to the grocery store.
Dallas is a large city. Many times, living in a large city means dealing with a large amount of traffic and a large number of people waiting in a long grocery store line. Spending my bit of free time at a food market or on the road isn’t a priority of mine. Freshly has daily delivery options to all states in the continental U.S. I can also feel good about my carbon footprint since Freshly ships the meals in recyclable packaging. I can even keep the ice packs for future use!
4. A variety of fresh meals is available.
There are many cooking shows I love, but most of the portions of the meals are too much for a single working professional. Who wants to eat a week’s worth of lasagna? Freshly has over 30 different meals weekly made with no chemicals or artificial preservatives, lasting around 4-5 days in the fridge. There’s a “use by” date printed on each meal, so I don’t fear of wasting any food and won’t get tired of eating repetitive meals. For me, it’s better than ordering-in because I (sort of) cooked it myself!
5. Subscriptions are flexible.
Different meal plans are available every week. The price of the meals range from $7.99 to $11.50 per meal. 4 meal plan options are available:
- 4 weekly meals – $11.50 per meal
- 6 weekly meals – $8.99 per meal
- 9 weekly meals – $8.99 per meal
- 12 weekly meals – $7.99 per meal
After selecting my meal plan, I pick my delivery day to receive Freshly’s chef-prepared meals at my doorstep. It’s easy to make changes to my order or delivery or skip/cancel a week, as long as I do it before the deadline. There’s a Freshly app available for convenience as well if I have to make my changes on the go. I’m so happy for this time saver!